Learning and Teaching at Our Lady of the Rosary Primary:
- provides high-quality, innovative sequential educational programs that aim to improve the learning outcomes and physical wellbeing of all children
- provides programs that support and cater for the varying ability levels and learning needs of all children
- promotes real life experiences in all Key Learning Areas, and develops skills of critical thinking, discerning use of technology and responsible learning
- gives high priority to the ongoing professional development of staff based on both system and school strategic intent
- secures appropriate resources and embraces technology to support learning
- evaluates and refines programs to meet emerging needs which are based on the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) guidelines
- values the role of parents in the education of their children and encourages their active participation within the school community.
School and Community Spirit at Our Lady of the Rosary Primary:
- promotes a caring Catholic community which treats others with consideration and shows respect of another person’s point of view
- accepts, includes and invites all members of our community to contribute to the life and growth of the school
- encourages loyalty and a strong sense of pride in our school, where all people are treated fairly
- supports and promotes both parent and parish organisations within the school community
- maintains a safe, peaceful and stimulating environment for the benefit of the whole school community
- encourages children to be accountable for their own actions, resolve differences in peaceful ways and to take care of the environment.
Pastoral Care at Our Lady of the Rosary Primary:
- provides a warm and friendly atmosphere which encourages children to be honest, sincere and to seek the truth
- responds to specific learning and social needs of the children, through individual care and specialised programs
- encourages positive relationships within the school community by respecting the rights and responsibilities of all
- gives a priority, in policy and practice, to the support of family life
- educates children to respond in justice and compassion to all peoples.